Thursday 8 January 2009

More More: More Nonesense by Anatole

Anatole Kalensky at the Times calls for savers to be "punished" so they spend their money (on buying the Times, I suppose).

Has this guy lost his abacus beads or something?

Savers' cash is invested, Anatole. It is not stuffed into some great mattress in Threadneedle Street. Now, if people WANT to do that, that is fine, but they get no interest and would be charged for the service, and rghtly so. All this is part of Libertarian Party Monetary Policy, so is this actually what Anatole is asking for? True deposits charged for keeping money out of circulation?

Maybe he is, but given the fact that he does not seem to understand what happens to savings, it might be a case of "do us a favour...and stay off our side".

The last thing we need is for VAT to be cut and all the spare cash we have spent on imports, causing the £ to fall even further as importers sell those £ to buy other currencies.

Of course, up cranks the worlds most subsidised violin to the tune of adopt the Euro.

I want to keep Sterling so we still have a Treasury worthy of the name (or should I say so we can rebuild one...). If Brown wants my Sterling he must Μολὼν λάβε - come and take them.

To use a phrase of Chuck Heston - "FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!"

1 comment:

Elby the Beserk said...

He would seem to be advocating a run on the banks. I'm already looking to move my savings out of Brown's grasp. Cunt's had my pension already, he's not having everything I have worked for.