Many have soundly fisked Andy Burnham's blatherings already, so I will just look into my crystal ball, because for me this is just a Fencepost...
- Voluntary Code for website ratings (Andy Burnham's latest)
- "free"* filtering software provided
- "demands"** for universal website ratings
- "free* internet" accounts to operate via above filtering only, centrally imposed
- State-funded rating agency "for free*" put out to (fat) tender to Google or such (to neuter commercial sector opposition)
- All page views harvested to "permit rapid detection of other dangerous content using surfing patterns" - bootstrapping, in other words.
- Delays in ratings for personal sites and blogs appear (corporate sites can afford the "fast track" service introduced)
- New Blog services appear that allow instant posting, but are utterly under the thumb of government and will filter or pull pages without murmur.***
- Ratings extended so kids "protected" from "subversive political comment", e.g. opposition to the EU.
- State ratings agency begins to refuse certification or pretends to delay due to obscenity, political or other reasons to protect "the children"
- Adults complain over limits to material
- ID-based log on is required to gain access to uncensored internet.
- The end of free speech and the total monitoring of all traffic.
* Noting, NOTHING the State does is "free", it is all taxpayer funded.
** from beholden State funded, subsidised or otherwise poodle bodies.
*** Typical Socialist/Statist trick. Break something, then "fix" it to suit them. They put you neck high in ordure then offer to only put you in it up to your waist - most people are thankful...