Boris is backing a new City Charter, but I am concerned that some of the ideas will not move us forward. Just because the current arrangements are not ideal, does not mean that change will automatically mean improvement.
* Appoint borough commanders instead of the Met chief doing so.
* Spend NHS money currently under the control of primary care trusts.
* Decide on GPs' opening hours.
* Change bus routes and timetables, taking control of local services from Transport for London.
* Take charge of the trunk roads run by TfL.