Thursday 21 June 2007

Barroso In Reality Distortion Field

In an interview with the BBC regarding the EU Treaty European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso said:
"Sometimes I hear people saying that for Parliament to approve it would be by the back door. Is that the respect some people show their Parliament, maybe the greatest Parliament in the world? I don't consider Parliament the back door. Britain is the country that exported Parliamentary democracy to the world. Do the British people consider Parliament the backdoor? Do the British people who killed their king to protect the rights of Parliament consider it the back door? Is that the respect some people show their Parliament , maybe the greatest Parliament in the world? I don't consider Parliament the back door."

Mr Barroso, you forget - Parliament is not a blank cheque - something you might find unfamiliar, seeing as you operate in one of the most obscene blank cheques the world has ever known. Parliament killed the King to defend the rights of the People, which Parliament represents. It is not an issue of respect of the People towards Parliament, but one of Parliament towards the People.

Mr Barroso - we have the measure of you, and I have you in my eye, sir. In my eye.

1 comment:

Mark Wadsworth said...

Our Parliament would no doubt just nod it through, call it back door, call it front door, who cares HOW it is introduced, what hacks me off is that it WILL BE introduced. Oh God, it's all so depressing!(the white letters on black background just heightens overall feeling of self-righteous depression that overcomes me when I visit your site)